Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Week 7 and things are going well!

The last 6 weeks were great! Toward the end of last week, I was just sure that DD was tired of "doing school", but this week she has had a new surge of energy with it!

I have been supplementing DD's math with various worksheets and books to bump it up academically, and she has been having fun with it! This week, we're learning about pennies and nickels. I think we'll slowly go over different monetary values over the next couple of weeks to give her a strong foundation for when we formally begin addition and subtraction. This will give her another "real world" application for those skills when the time comes and I think she'll enjoy that.

I am due in about 5 weeks with baby3, so I am trying to stay steady and consistent and plan on either taking a week or two completely off OR (and this is more likely), taking it easy and taking 2-3 weeks to complete a single week's worth of lessons. I really don't want DH to take over the reading lessons or the Explode the Code as DD and I have a system (and he has no clue lol), but surely he could help her with reading the books, doing the coloring and worksheets, and "assigning" computer time. ;)

Well, I have to get going! We're working on our 3rd workbag....which includes a few computer games. Talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment